HOW TO TALK ABOUT VAPING
Useful tools and resources to help parents and kids start and lead a conversation
PARENT DISCUSSION GUIDE
Talking Early and Often is Key!
Talking with kids about substance use is critical, it helps prevent problems before they arise and address any problems that pop up.
If you find these conversations difficult to have, you’re not alone.
You have to know more than just the facts. You also have know what to say, when to say it, and how to approach the discussion with the right mindset.
Here’s the good news – young people are open to having these conversations
with you! They want to know that you care about their health and that you don’t
approve of risky actions.
This discussion guide will take you through:
- Signs that your kids may be vaping
- How to talk about vaping with a positive mindset
- Tips for starting the conversation
- A comprehensive discussion guide with possible questions
- How to end the conversation but keeping the door open for further discussion
PEER-TO-PEER DISCUSSION GUIDE
If you have a friend who is vaping and you are concerned about the effect that could have on their health it might be hard to open up to them about your concerns. Here are some simple conversation starters to have this talk with your friends.